Firefox default problem -

Sharpe, Sam J sam.sharpe+lists.redhat at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 17:39:20 UTC 2009

2009/4/6 Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net>:
> Sharpe, Sam J wrote:

<snip>
>> Thunderbird is:
>>
>> Edit -> Preferences -> Attachments -> View and Edit Actions -> (search
>> for wmv extension)
>>

> Sorry about the error in the subject.  I've been looking in both
> applications to try and find how to fix this.
>
> Perhaps it can't be fixed from within Thunderbird?
>
> /I have done "/Edit -> Preferences -> Attachments -> View and Edit Actions
> -> (search
>
> for wmv extension)" a number of times but apparently I don't understand
> something, nothing I enter in the "Search" block does anything?
>
> I can type "wmv" in the block and press enter - nothing happens?
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Don't know - I confess that when I use my instructions, I find no
applications/extensions listed in that box - but I assumed that it was
because I'm not a huge Thunderbird user. Possibly Thunderbird now gets
it's application preferences from elsewhere.

Have you tried (if you are a Gnome user) right-clicking on a WMV file
and checking what Gnome will open it with - or do the KDE equivalent.
It's possible that Thunderbird is using the native dialogs to work out
what to do with files. I just checked an OpenOffice file (I'm not big
on people emailing me videos) and what pops up looks very much like a
Gnome dialog to me...

--
Sam