Firefox default problem -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Apr 6 18:57:51 UTC 2009

g wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>

>> Perhaps it can't be fixed from within Thunderbird?
>>

> maybe not.
>

>> /I have done "/Edit -> Preferences -> Attachments -> View and Edit
>> Actions -> (search  > for wmv extension)" a number of times but apparently
>> I don't understand something, nothing I enter in the "Search" block does anything?
>>

> if you show nothing, you may have nothing.
>
> try 'edit > preferences > advanced > general > config editor', search for
> 'actions', 'open',
> etc.
>
> i do not have tbird 'open with' set for anything so i do not know just how it
> would show up.
>
> also, goto your profile director and 'grep wav'. never know.
>

> hth.

I'm afraid nothing helps!  I did find that under "view and edit actions"
I can enter wmv in the search window and then double-click on the the
large text window below it a second menu comes up where I enter my
preferences and click on "OK" but that causes no action, nothing happens
that I can see.  The Cancel button works but the OK button has no effect.

There's a Mozilla page I can try but historically that's been a waste of
time ...

I'll let this slide 'til F-11 comes along and I'll start over.  I know
not to tell it to always do it that way.

Thanks.

Bob