Opening OOo-3 files from Dolphin or Konqueror

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 6 22:55:21 UTC 2009

Jim wrote:
> Sharpe, Sam J wrote:
>> 2009/4/6 Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net>:
>>
>>> FC 10-X86_64 / KDE
>>>
>>> This box is a Fresh install of FC10 from FC8 ,  / was formatted and
>>> clean
>>> install, the /home/user was saved from FC8 .
>>>
>>> For instance, opening a *.xls , *.odt any OO file, from Dolphin or
>>> Konqueror,  if you LEFT click on a Icon to open a xls, it will say
>>> it can't
>>> open it,
>>> but if I RIGHT click and tell it to open with "OpenOffice Calc" it
>>> will open
>>> it.
>>>
>>> In the window, when you RIGHT click it says;
>>>
>>> ? Open with Spreadsheet
>>> Open with Openoffice Calc
>>> Other
>>>
>>> If you click on "Open with Spreadsheet" that when it says it can't open
>>> file,   There is  a ? in front of  'Open with Spreadsheet' , which
>>> it means
>>> it's a DEAD application launcher.
>>>
>>> But if I select 'Open with Openoffice Calc' it then opens the .xls
>>> file.
>>>
>>> That  ? Open with Spreadsheet  is a DEAD launcher and also the DEFAULT
>>> launcher when LEFT clicking on Icon to start opening a OpenOffice-3
>>> file.
>>>
>>> How Do I Get Rid of   ?  Open with Spreadsheet in the LEFT click
>>> window .
>>>
>>> I have deleted the ~/user/.kde and let it regenerate a new .kde
>>> folder, but
>>> that doesn't help with my problem.
>>>
>>> I also deleted the  .openoffice folder and let it regenerate a new
>>> .openoffice folder.
>>>

>> What does "SystemSettings > Advanced tab > File Associations" say
>> about those type of files?
>>

> In the File Associations there are a whole lot of Known Types.
>
> What Known Type are you referring to ?
> You have;
>
> message
> text
> audio
> application
> image
> x-content
> (and so on)
>
> and just what are you looking for ?

In known types, and in "application" I'm seeing a lot of  'vnd' types
that have to to do Office apps.
that have types of;

spreadsheets
word processor
presenter

These are the file types that are coming up with DEAD application
launchers, if I edit the file types 'vnd' and remove those
Three types as listed above I assume it will take those bad launchers
out of the RIGHT click windows, is that so ??