initdefault has no effect

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Tue Apr 7 12:21:54 UTC 2009

Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 06:42:36 -0400 (EDT)
> Mike Burger wrote:
>

>> I'm still doing some digging.
>>

> I thought there was a thread on this very topic in a previous
> release, but I can't find it (maybe it was in fedora-list
> rather than fedora-test-list), anyway it is a very old bug
> I'm surprised is still around.
>
> The script in the upstart code that searches /etc/inittab to
> find the runlevel was not ignoring commented out lines, so
> whatever line it found first, that's the one it grabbed the
> runlevel from regardless of the comment prefix.

Bugger.

This *is* the Fedora list, BTW, rather than the fedora-test list.

However, I pop in and out of this list, given the level of traffic and
my availability to monitor and try to answer questions (when I *think*
that I'm actually capable of answering them), based on workload and
travel, so it may be possible that I completely missed that thread,
somewhere.

Since I never really noticed this in F9...the only F9 systems I had were
my laptop and workstation, so I didn't have much reason to
customize)...I had no reason to investigate, either.

If this is a filed bug, and you happen to have the bugzilla report ID,
please forward.  I'll also try to dig into it and see if I can find it,
too...I'd like to see this one squashed...or, at the very least, verify
which script it is and see if I can figure out the logic to fix it.