sudo and privoxy

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Wed Apr 8 19:51:15 UTC 2009

	My wife's machine is on a different floor. Nine times out of ten,
when she hollers for help, it's a browser that won't connect; and nine
out of ten of those times, it's because privoxy has somehow gotten
stopped. (The other times, I usually have to reboot the router a/o the
modem.)

	I tried adding her to the privoxy group, using Fedora's "Users
and Groups" app. But I still get :

[btth at Hbsk2 ~]$ su - tslg
Password:
[tslg at Hbsk2 ~]$ service privoxy restart
Can't find /usr/sbin/privoxy, exit.
[tslg at Hbsk2 ~]$ sudo service privoxy restart
[sudo] password for tslg:
tslg is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.
[tslg at Hbsk2 ~]$

	What am I doing wrong??