KDE4 Problem: Plasma not starting

Kelly Miller lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 19:51:40 UTC 2009

For some reason, this laptop I installed Fedora 10 on doesn't seem to want
to run Plasma from KDE4. It ran Plasma fine under Fedora 9, and every other
KDE program runs fine on it, but Plasma just hangs. I tried deleting the
settings folder for KDE and reloading, but that didn't work. It's not an
Xorg problem because Gnome runs fine, and KDM runs fine. I'm looking for
help in figuring out what the problem might be so I can fix it and get KDE
running (the person in question specifically asked for KDE4, so please no
"Just use (alternative desktop X) responses...").