Akonadi server process not registered at DBus

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 16:35:52 UTC 2009

I get an Akonadi error message when I log into my KDE session.

A short while after the session starts, an Akonadi window appears with a
list of tasks that have occurred.  The first item in the list marked as
an error is

"Akonadi server process not registered at D-Bus"

Frustratingly, the Akonadi error window disappears after being visible
for about 10 seconds and I can't get much more information than that.

There is a button to copy the error message(s) to the clipboard, but it
doesn't seem to work.

How do I troubleshoot/fix this problem ?

Thanks

LG