Editor to program in C

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Apr 11 22:12:00 UTC 2009

Nifty Fedora Mitch wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 08:51:08AM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> NiftyFedora Mitch wrote:
>>> No one mentioned 'ed' the original line editor.
>> LOL hahaha ROTFL!!!
>>
>> It's no longer April 1!
>>
>>         Kevin Kofler
>>

> I know of one very senior Unix/Linux programmer that
> uses 'ed' as his editor of choice.
>
> If you ever get stuck on a slow link or some other situation
> where $TERM/$term terminfo  are mucked up it is a good tool to know.
>
> Had I posted on April 1 I would have recommened ">" as an editor.
> Speaking of symbols -- do you see the strange file  "["
> in your /usr/sbin folder.   Does it indicate:
> 	* you have been hacked
> 	* cannot type
> 	* need to learn shell programming
> 	* need to take a test on shell programming.

This is one of those trick spellings, it's pronounced "test" and there's a man
page for it. Like "*" is pronounced Nathan, after Nathan Hale "I regret that I
have but one asterisk for my country."

So you can write
   if [ -n "$fn" ]; then echo "filename is null"; fi
and read it tomorrow.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>