NetworkManager and domain names in /etc/resolv.conf

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Mon Apr 13 13:52:41 UTC 2009

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if this has already been asked:
>
> Before using NetworkManager I had my own domain entries in
> /etc/resolv.conf, but since I use NetworkManager, additional entries
> in /etc/resolv.conf are only living until the next reboot because
> NetworkManager seems to re-build /etc/resolv.conf.
>
> All advices are welcome.

Do you have access to your DHCP server?

If so, I'd recommend editing the "option domain-name" line to include the
domains you'd like to search.

Otherwise, if this is a hardwired LAN connection, don't use NM, and just
modify the ifcfg-eth0 script in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS