Total Number of Emails Managed By Thunderbird

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Mon Apr 13 17:41:07 UTC 2009

On 04/12/2009 08:10 PM, g wrote:
> Robert L Cochran wrote:
>

>> Is there a way to get Thunderbird to present a total count of all emails
>> which are in all folders?
>>

> run a search at:
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
>
> if nothing there, use 'advanced search' google.

Providing a total count in all folders could be very costly. First, what
about imap where you have a server that can store thousands of emails
for you, then local folders. Take my case where I have over 150 local
folders consisting of emails I have received over 20 years.

I did find some discussion that might be close to what you want:
http://www.ghacks.net/2007/04/19/show-message-count-of-all-folders-in-thunderbird/

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix