(no subject)

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Apr 14 01:03:05 UTC 2009

m wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 02:02:02AM +0930, Tim wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 11:31 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>>
>>> All-caps are harder to read than mixed caps and should be used
>>> sparingly. This has been well-known to the printing profession for
>>> several hundred years.
>>>
>> Not to mention school teachers...  It's with good reason that we're
>> first taught the small letters.  And for that reason Sesame Street gets
>> a bit of a thumbs down, over here, since it seems to concentrate on the
>> capitals.
>>

> If thats the case just say its harder to read and be done, don't pretend its like screaming and then scream back breaking your own sacred rule.

A quick google of "email etiquette" will reveal that it is a long held
convention....

http://www.emailreplies.com/
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/636/01/
http://www.cit.gu.edu.au/~davidt/email_etiquette.htm

but maybe this one is why some people ignore it....

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012054101033.aspx    :-) :-)

--
I know things about TROY DONAHUE that can't even be PRINTED!!
Mei-Mei.Greshko at greshko.com http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSz_koUhSg