(no subject)Single User Mode Authentication with Upstart

m maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 02:14:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 07:18:59AM +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 16:25 -0400, m wrote:
> > If thats the case just say its harder to read and be done, don't
> > pretend its like screaming and then scream back breaking your own
> > sacred rule.
>
> You seem to be having quite a tantrum over this, I don't see why.
>
> A point was made about it's considered shouting.  It is.  And by
> convention, long before email ever existed, UPPER CASE was used as a
> form of emphasis.
>
> Don't people read books?
>
> And since the days of e-mail, it's been considered an extreme form of
> emphasis (i.e. shouting your message).  It's also considered lazy
> typing, and it's also considered ill-educated.
>
> A point's also been made that it isn't actually easier to read upper
> case, normal mixed case is easier to read.
>
> Neither point negates the other, they still stand.  This isn't an
> either/or situation.
>
> And as far as "screaming back," you were one who did that.

Indeed.So I shall drop it. Though I don't recall anyone commenting on the lack of a useful subject line. Do you know anything about how to force secure authentication in single user mode with upstart? The recipe I found is to add this line to /etc/inittab: ~~:S:wait:/sbin/sulogin

This does not work in Fedora 10.