Total Number of Emails Managed By Thunderbird

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Tue Apr 14 20:18:36 UTC 2009

On 04/13/2009 03:13 PM, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 13:41 -0400, Jerry Feldman wrote:
>
>> Providing a total count in all folders could be very costly. First,
>> what about imap where you have a server that can store thousands of
>> emails for you, then local folders. Take my case where I have over 150
>> local folders consisting of emails I have received over 20 years.
>>

> Wouldn't it just be counting the totals from the index of each folder,
> not counting all the messages?

Certainly more attractive to read the index files, but still costly.
Remember that there also could be imap folders. Certainly tbird could
keep a running count and update it as it fetch's the email.  The "show
expanded columns in folder pane" seems to be the closest it comes to
what the OP wants.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix