Q about installing F10 from Live DVD

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 14 21:44:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 13:55 -0700, Dean S. Messing wrote:
> So I take it the install from the live-cd is just an ordinary
> Anaconda-based install?

More or less...

> If so, what's the advantage over just using the F10 install DVD
> (February respin, of course)?

Smaller disc to download, in the first place.  But if you want more than
it provides, there's more to download later on.  However, since there's
probably been a load of updates since the disc was created, you may face
that anyway, when you do an update after the install.

NB:  The live disc is only a test of whether a system can boot the live
disc.  I've used systems which worked fine on a hard drive install, but
not on the live disc.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686