Q about installing F10 from Live DVD

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Apr 15 15:17:59 UTC 2009

suvayu ali wrote:
> There is one downside though, you don't get to choose the packages in
> the live CD that gets installed. So if you want to exclude any of the
> packages, you have to remove it once everything is installed. (not
> sure about this part, so correct me if I am wrong)

This is correct, you cannot tweak the package selection because the live
image contains the packages only in already installed form (it's an image
of a live system, not a set of packages). So removing packages has to be
done the same way you remove already installed packages anywhere else (i.e.
rpm -e or yum remove).

        Kevin Kofler