kernel-2.6.29.1-30 doesn't boot

Sharpe, Sam J sam.sharpe+lists.redhat at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 12:42:15 UTC 2009

Dan wrote:
> Just updated the kernel about an hour ago.
>
> Fedora 10 (x86)
> Dell GX240
> VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage 128 Pro Ultra TF
>
> When booting it gets as far as "starting anacron" and then I just
> get a black screen with keyboard and mouse frozen.
> Dmesg and boot log offer no hints.
>
> Anyone come across this or have any suggestions?

That's not an F10 kernel yet, it's currently a test kernel:

Suggestion 1)
Don't use testing kernels and expect anything to work

Suggestion 2)
Don't enable the updates-testing repo unless you really are testing...

Suggestion 3)
Subscribe to the fedora-test-list and ask there:

HTH ;o)

(yeah, I know it's not helpful, but the guys on the Fedora Test list
will be better placed to help you...)

--
Sam