How Can I ...

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Apr 17 15:36:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 10:40 -0400, Gene Poole wrote:
> Is it possible to Upgrade from Fedora 9 to Fedora 10 on a machine with
> a running Oracle 11g install?  Does anyone have a suggested
> procedure/process?
----
I would probably do preupgrade which would essentially download just
about everything needed and then have you reboot to get it installed,
perhaps 45 minutes to 2 hours downtime.

It's not clear what your concern is with Oracle 11g install...is it
because you want to keep it online? If so, you will have to have some
downtime regardless of the method of upgrade (i.e. DVD upgrade or
preupgrade). Perhaps a yum upgrade would give you the least amount of
downtime but I would think that during the time that yum is
processing/installing, performance from the Oracle server would be
miserable.

If you have other concerns regarding upgrading a system with Oracle, you
probably would want to be more specific.

Craig

believed to be clean.