ssh problem

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Mon Apr 20 15:01:36 UTC 2009

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:44:31 -0400
Dave Feustel wrote:

> I am trying to set up ssh for use on my local network.
> When I try to access f9 with ssh from suse, the connection is refused.
> When I try to access suse with ssh from f9, ssh hangs.

You might want to check the /etc/ssh/sshd_config files. I'm
pretty sure the default config on suse is different than the
default on fedora and they disagree on things like password
versus keyboard-interactive (which look the same to a user
of ssh, but are different in the protocol). One or the
other may also disallow root ssh access by default.