Corruption of f9 man pages

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Apr 20 21:22:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 16:48 -0400, Dave Feustel wrote:
> I notice spreading corruption of f9 fonts. The most recent
> example is when I do 'man sshd_conf'. Ever more characters
> are being replaced by strangeness as an example below shows.
>
>   AddressFamily
>              Specifies which address family should be used by sshd(8).
> Valid arguments are âyâetâet6âyâlowAgentForwarding
>              Specifies whether ssh-agent(1) forwarding is permitted.
> The default is âsâlowGroups
>
> The above is copied directly from the xterm display of 'man sshd_conf'
> output. Needless to say, the screwed-up character displays are
> complicating my efforts to configure sshd_config across three operating
> systems so they will all work with each other using ssh.
----
it would be more accurate to suggest that the problem is local to your
setup and not universal.

Those things you are seeing are control codes for attributes for your
current terminal and apparently your terminal cannot render the
bold/color attributes. Seems like there is a problem with your xterm
setup.

Craig

believed to be clean.