OT- Skype phone question

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 21 07:11:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 00:45 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> Since her mother is an elderly lady who has never used a computer, I'm
> thinking that the solution would be for her to get an Internet
> connection and one of those Skype phones that plug directly into a
> modem with no computer required.

There are broadband modems which allow you to plug an ordinary telephone
into them, to use the modem as the hardware VOIP device (and with more
than just the Skype VOIP service).  However, I couldn't recommend the
only one that I've personally experienced, a Billion brand, it's quality
is somewhat yucky.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686