Q about installing F10 from Live DVD

Erick Martínez ericko7 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 21 20:36:16 UTC 2009

Hello! can anybody bring me some help, pls? No problem with Gnome (sound is ok), but I'm trying to test Fedora 10 XFCE. The problem is that I can't make the sound work. My Thinkpad is mute!!! Pulseaudio is active in the autostarted scripts/applications section. When I open the Volume control, after half a second, a popup window appears over the volume window, and it says Connection failed: Connection terminated, then closes with no more hints. Can anybody help me? (sound chip is ESS ES1938 Solo 1). Thanks in advance!

"Shalom"     Erick Martinez
Estudiante de piano y composición.