Question(s) default firewall in Fedora

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 22 12:32:35 UTC 2009

> You will want system-config-firewall (or
> system-config-secuirtylevel
> that used to be the name). I'm not sure how much i can
> tell you until
> you at least try that out.
>

> --
> Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
> ( www.pembo13.com )

I have used that, but sparingly, by default everything works great.  I just wanted to know a bit more.  I saw that under other OS's(linux) opening a page using konqueror the machine's CPU goes up very high and it is trying to do something. Under Fedora this does not happen and someone told me that because the firewall is enabled the website cannot come in to the machine.  I just want to learn a bit more.  I have read some how to's already, but don't get much out of them.

Thank you for your honest answer.

Regards,

Antonio