Q about installing F10 from Live DVD

jackson byers byersjab at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 17:22:05 UTC 2009

    David's experience also was that there was no custom option.

    I purchased my cd from OSDisc.com
    Fedora 10 KDE Edition - install/Live CD

    is this some outdated version?
    or a deficient version?
    not officially supported?
    How is one to know?

    Jack

you simply clicked next on the partitioning screen with the drop down box
that said "replace my existing linux install" instead of clicking said drop
down box and choosing custom. user error all the way. afaik the live cd's
have had custom partitioning since at least f9 if not before then!

phil
-----------
jbyers:
I don't doubt that I somehow got into "user error all the way".
But I was quite conscious that I did not want "replace my existing linux
install"
and would certainly not have clicked it.
If you are correct,
then if i somehow got into "custom"  then I may well have still managed to
botch it.

I still find it curious however that David also thought there was no obvious
"custom"
leading me to think there could be  differences on various versions of the
liveinstallcd.

Another question:
this thread "Q about installing F10 from Live DVD"
implies  it is a  DVD not a CD.
Do both versions exist? I have a CD not a DVD

And one final question:
Does the "custom" option include choice of not installing  grub to mbr?

Jack

Does the "custom" include  ability to not install grub on the mbr?