Mouse goes to sleep?

Nifty Fedora Mitch niftyfedora at niftyegg.com
Fri Apr 24 03:45:16 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 08:53:35PM -0400, Jeffrey Ross wrote:

> System is Fedora 10 x86_64, the mouse is a Micro$oft wireless Laser
> Mouse 5000.
>
> The mouse occasionally stops responding for one or two seconds and then
> continues like nothing happened.   There are no messages in the logfiles
> related to the mouse and the the keyboard which is also USB does not
> have any issues.
>
> The desktop is Gnome and I all currently available patches/updates have
> been installed.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

  *) feed the mouse less cheese
  *) watch for cron jobs -- makewhatis, updatedb and
     things that make the disk light blink a bit. Run
     them when you want them to run.
  *) watch for browser bloat. Firefox and friends can
     get big with lots of tabs and plugins.  Close
     Firefox
  *) top in another window can help notice.

.
--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Found me a new hat, now what?