fedora 10 weird mplayer playback

Janez Košmrlj janezkosmr at volja.net
Fri Apr 24 18:15:01 UTC 2009

I upgraded to fedora 10 about a month ago. And since then mplayer
doesn't play videos smoothly. The sound is ok, but the video plays to
slow for a couple of seconds, then it plays to fast, to catch up with
the sound, then it slows down again and so on.
I did a fresh install from the live cd, but i reused the old home dir,
so the user settings stayed the same.
I installed Mplayer from the rpmfusion repo. I use the x86-64
distribution, on an AMD Pheom II X3.
My Brother has similar problems on a completely fresh install (including
home dir) on a core 2 duo laptop.