fedora 10 weird mplayer playback

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Apr 27 16:28:56 UTC 2009

Janez Ko¹mrlj wrote:
> I upgraded to fedora 10 about a month ago. And since then mplayer
> doesn't play videos smoothly. The sound is ok, but the video plays to
> slow for a couple of seconds, then it plays to fast, to catch up with
> the sound, then it slows down again and so on.
> I did a fresh install from the live cd, but i reused the old home dir,
> so the user settings stayed the same.
> I installed Mplayer from the rpmfusion repo. I use the x86-64
> distribution, on an AMD Pheom II X3.
> My Brother has similar problems on a completely fresh install (including
> home dir) on a core 2 duo laptop.

I have seen the same thing.  In my case it just seems to freeze for the
first few seconds.  I didn't worry about it at first because I had
bigger issues to deal with.  I have the problem with no configuration
files as using configuration files.

I don't have any problem playing the videos in VLC.

As it is a rpmfusion package, it would be better to ask them.

--
Robin Laing