Apache Virtual Server

Dennis Kaptain dkaptain at yahoo.com.mx
Mon Apr 27 22:23:19 UTC 2009

> If there is no NameVirtualHost declaration the vhosts will be treated as the
> default host.
>
> Try putting
>
>   NameVirtualHost *:80
>
> before the VirtualHost declarations.
>
> :m)

Mike,
I already have that directive before the VirtualHosts. I did try to remove it just to see what would happen

[root at confianza conf]# service httpd restart
Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
Starting httpd: [Mon Apr 27 16:49:00 2009] [warn] _default_ VirtualHost overlap on port 80, the first has precedence
                                                           [  OK  ]
[root at confianza conf]#

and there you have it.

Anyway, that wasn't the problem in my case.

Thinking about how DNS is working in the picture I added <?php echo $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']."<br>\n"; ?>
to my index.php file and it shows a difference between
http://confianza  and  http://confianzazend
so it does know the difference.

Thanks

DK