files which start with a dot and firefox gmail

Andreas Waldenburger wildemar at freakmail.de
Wed Apr 29 11:20:55 UTC 2009

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:53:19 +0530 Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On 04/29/2009 03:33 PM, Mark Ryden wrote:
> > Hello,
> >   When I am using gmail in firefox and I am trying to attach
> > files , I cannot see files
> > which start with a dot  (for example, pressing attach a file and
> > navigating to /root does not
> > show files like .tcshrc).
> > Is there a way to overcome it (except of course making another copy
> > of the file which starts with a dot)?
>
> Right click on the window and select the checkbox "Show Hidden Files"

Alternatively, if you know the name of the file you're looking for, you
can just start typing the name in the textbox of the filechooser
dialog (either by navigating to the appropriate directory or typing the
complete path). FF will autocomplete nicely to help you along.

/W