Problems sending Emails

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 29 17:09:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 12:27 -0400, Jim wrote:
> Jim wrote:
> > Giuseppe Fuggiano wrote:

> >> Hi Jim,
> >> Your question is not very complete. It would be better to know _who_
> >> emits that error and the complete string.  What your ISP ATT is saying
> >> exactly about Thunderbird?  The 421 error could refer to many
> >> protocols...
> >>
> >> Check these parameters:
> >>  * The SMTP server should be a valid.
> >>  * Also the recipient.
> >>
> >> Bye
> >>
> > I did verify the smtp settings with my ISP and they they are correct.
> > By reading the "Failure" email I'm getting back, below is the part of
> > the email.
> >

> > Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
> > I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
> > addresses.
> > This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
> >
> > <xxxxxxxx at aol.com>:
> > 64.12.222.197 does not like recipient.
> > Remote host said: 550 MAILBOX NOT FOUND
> > Giving up on 64.12.222.197.
> >
> I'am having only problems with emails to aol.com. I'm sbcglobal.net.
> Below is the full Failure  message below, I xxx out email addresses and
> names
>

> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
>
> <xxxxx at aol.com>:
> 64.12.222.197 does not like recipient.
> Remote host said: 550 MAILBOX NOT FOUND
> Giving up on 64.12.222.197.

The email address was rejected.  Probably the XXXXX name.  Most spam
filters will reject email with multiple X's in the account name because
that is often spam or an attempt to hide the identity of the sender.

If both are yours, and their spam filter was not the reject cause, you
may discover that the registry had not yet fully propagated over their
network of servers, and so a few minutes or days later it might work.

Regards,
Les H