Problems sending Emails

Jim jwwilliams629 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 29 19:16:35 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 14:03 -0400, Jim wrote:

> Nigel Henry wrote:

> >> I did verify the smtp settings with my ISP and they they are correct.
> >> By reading the "Failure" email I'm getting back, below is the part of
> >> the email.
> >>

> >> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
> >> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
> >> addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work
> >> out.
> >>
> >> <xxxxxxxx at aol.com>:
> >> 64.12.222.197 does not like recipient.
> >> Remote host said: 550 MAILBOX NOT FOUND
> >> Giving up on 64.12.222.197.
> >>

> > Some years ago when my son had an AOL account, I had problems from time to
> > time e-mailing him. It turned out that if there was loads of spam being
> > allowed through by your ISP, and then turning up at AOL, AOL would block
> > everything coming from your ISP until they did something about the spam.
> >
> > Whether AOL are still doing that, I don't know, and your ISP is hardly likely
> > to admit to you that they are being blocked by AOL because of spam.
> >
> > It may be worth phoning your friend, and ask him/her to contact AOL, and ask
> > if your ISP is being blocked.
> >
> > Nigel.
> >

> Thanks for that info.

Your error says basically the email address you are sending to doesn't
exists, Recheck the address and spelling making sure they are correct.
also check for a space you may have inserted before the recipient's user
name in the email address. I have found that problem on customers'
machines when I owned an internet service. If spelling is correct and no
spaces or periods in the address then confirm the proper email address
with the recipient.