Application For Backing Up Blackberry Data To

Jeff Voskamp javoskam at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Apr 30 12:58:17 UTC 2009

Robert L Cochran wrote:
> Are there any Fedora-based software applications that will notice my
> Blackberry 8830 when I plug in its USB cable on a Fedora system? Or
> better yet, when I pair its Bluetooth to the laptop? I'd dearly love
> to be able to back it up to my laptop, and I use Fedora just about
> 100% of the time for the computing tasks I do for myself.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob

[javoskam at amnesia ~]$ yum info barry
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Installed Packages
Name       : barry
Arch       : x86_64
Version    : 0.15
Release    : 0.4.20090109git.fc10
Size       : 931 k
Repo       : installed
Summary    : BlackBerry Desktop for Linux
URL        : http://www.netdirect.ca/downloads/barry
License    : GPLv2+
           :
           : This package contains commandline tools which will enable
you to
           : charge your device with a proper 500mA and be able to
access data
           : on the device.  It also includes a GUI application to
backup your
           : BlackBerry.