Totem missing (installed) gstreamer RPMs on F11

Andre Costa blueser at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 13:16:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

I just installed F11 (loving it so far, great improvement over F10, kudos to
all). My main problem is totem.

If I try to play a Quicktime movie it correctly realizes that it needs some
codecs and identifies the related GStreamer RPMs. However, when I click
"install" it says the files are already installed. This happens for MPEG-4
AAC and ASF (for WMV files). In both cases it says it needs

gstreamer-ffmpeg-0.10.7-1.fc11

but I already have

gstreamer-ffmpeg-0.10.7-2.fc11

installed (I'm on x86_64 here, in case that matters).

Anyone knows how to fix this (how to make totem realize the needed files are
already there)? For the browser plugin I am using gecko-mediaplayer in the
meantime, but I'd rather use Totem instead.

Regards,

Andre