Partitioning tools and ext4?

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Thu Aug 13 06:44:28 UTC 2009

Mike Cloaked wrote:
> Does anyone know which partitioning tools will play nice with ext4 in F11?
>
> eg fdisk, parted, qtparted etc....
>
> It would be nice to have a list of those tools that can be trusted to change
> partitions for F11 and for F12 upcoming.  I guess there is always
> PartedMagic livecd/liveusb that presumably play nice with ext4 ?

As far as I know, in LINUX, the filesystem created in a partition is
independent from the type of the partition, so you can create a
partition as Linux partition ('83') and format as ext4 FS. Please
correct me if that's wrong ;-)

--

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes