firefox open containing folder

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Fri Aug 14 18:02:56 UTC 2009

On 08/14/2009 03:45 AM, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 19:08 -0700, Skunk Worx wrote:
>> If I right-click the item and select "Open Containing Folder" it pops
>> up an application named "Launch Application" and it makes the
>> statement "This link needs to be opened with an application. Send to:"
>> and I can choose / remember choice / cancel.
>>
>> I think this used to work in F10 but now the association fails. I was
>> hoping it would bring up in "File Browser".
>>
>> Is there a specific place to fix this?
>
> It was common, and perhaps still is, to suffer that problem if you
> right-clicked on a folder, and opened the folder with something like a
> music player, or picture viewer program.  It became a permanent setting,
> rather than something that only happened there and then.

I don't think I've ever changed it, in fact I remember noticing after
the fresh install of F11 it was happening and assumed it would
eventually be fixed by updates so I waited a couple months before asking.

I set the association to /usr/bin/nautilus and checked the "remember"
box and things seem ok now.

Thanks,
John