Chinese input methods

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Aug 22 06:33:23 UTC 2009

Steve Underwood wrote:
> I think Romanised entry is a PITA, but nobody has implemented a decent
> stroke entry method for the recent X11 input schemes. I'd really like
> to find the time to port my old stroke input system from the xcin days
> to work with ibus. Chances are I won't. :-)

Romanization at its "finest" going from Chinese to Roman characters.  In
Taipei, at one time or another, they used 3 different methods to
Romanize street names.  The street that I live on had 3 different
spellings on signs depending on where in the city you were.  Combined
with the non-English speaking sign makers actually gave you 4 when they
produced both "Pateh" and "Patch" roads.....