Broken downloads of FC11-x86_64 and other disturbances

lists@funkster1 lists at funkster1.de
Wed Aug 26 21:27:49 UTC 2009

Tony Nelson wrote:
> On 09-08-26 12:23:39, lists at funkster1 wrote:

> If you move your "best" download to the torrent download destination,
> bittorrent will just copy the parts that aren't correct.  It will
> usually be much faster than starting from scratch.

Unfortunately, I already wiped all the bad downloads. So I have to start
from scratch, but it's OK, I have a fast flatrate line.

Mikkel wrote:
 > From what I have seen, it depends on a combination of the drive and
 > the media you are using. The same media that gives problems in one
 > model drive will work fine in another drive. Then again, sometimes
 > different batches of disks of the same brand act differently. So
 > sticking with the same brand does not always work.
 >
 > Mikkel

Normally I stick to Verbatim disks and the roasters I had with fc11
came from an otherwise fine batch of 50 disks.

Raphael ;)
--
"A mind is like a parachute -

|- - - - - - - Frank Zappa - - - - - - -|