Install Issues

Ed Warner edwarner99 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 1 19:20:33 UTC 2009

I was using F9 and with EOL coming, I did a fresh install of F11. Just a couple of issues I need some assistance with.

1 It appears dhclient is running although it shows it has been disabled. I am getting these errors. eth0 is my nic to the internet. It logs this about 6 or 7 times before it gives up; just slows down the boot process. I did not run dhclient on F9

Aug  1 11:23:08 bonsai dhclient: DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 8
Aug  1 11:23:16 bonsai dhclient: No DHCPOFFERS received.

2. My system seems to "go to sleep" after about 5 minutes. What ever was running just stops until I move the mouse. Nothing crashes just picks up where it left off. This is really frustrating when I am doing yum updates.

Thanks

Ed Warner