The ideal mail client?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 22:25:29 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Alan Cox<alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

> Evolution really can't cope with large amounts of mail. Thats one big
> reason I moved to claws. The fact everything else was suddenely faster
> was a big boon.

I remember my first or second e-mail to this list when I complained
about Evolution being the default for Fedora and upset the quite vocal
Evolution fan base...

;-)

Thunderbird should be a much better default. I couldn't care less if
Evolution is part of the Gnome software collection.

I still believe in the "best of breed" approach to applications. Just
because something is developed alongside other app it doesn't mean a
distro has to automagically adopt it as its default.

For instance there's little reason not to use VideoLan (VLC) as the
standard media player in Linux....

FC