Conf File Backup Idea

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Sun Aug 2 14:29:56 UTC 2009

<http://www.georgeanelson.com/geordy-backup.htm>

>Will a directory full of symlinks work?

That might be tricky.  rsync has the "--files-from=FILE" option, but
geordy_backup doesn't bother, it just lists the files (actually only
directories) in the script.  The "sloppy" principle says that I won't
list all the files I need, but that entire directories are likely to
be enough.