Sorta OT - anyone replaced MSFT Sharepoint with any OSS products?

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Mon Aug 3 02:07:08 UTC 2009

All -

I have a friend who owns a small business and who uses Microsoft Office
SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007.  As you might suspect, it's a car with
the hood welded shut, and I hate it.  I help him out with IT stuff and
I've had to fight MOSS 2007 for some time.  It is agonizingly painful,
and it's a massive security risk as far as I'm concerned.

I've heard that Alfresco can replace MOSS.  Anyone got any experience
with this kind of migration?

Thanks
Thomas