Unable to start isomaster in Fedora 11 [Solved]

Steven F. LeBrun steven at lebruns.com
Mon Aug 3 03:58:47 UTC 2009

On 08/02/2009 10:51 PM, Chris Tyler wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-08-02 at 22:37 -0400, Steven F. LeBrun wrote:
>
>> While it has been a month or two since I installed Fedora 11, this is
>> the first time since then that I have tried to run isomaster.  I do
>> not know if this problem started when I upgraded (with a clean
>> install) of Fedora 11 or if it started later with an update via
>> yum/yumex.
>>
>> The program locks up or freezes during startup.  The window for
>> isomaster appears but never populates itself with the program.  I have
>> not found any error messages.  If I click on the "close app" button in
>> the upper right-hand corner, an error dialog box pops up after about a
>> minute stating that the program is unresponsive and I am able to force
>> kill the program from there.
>>
>> Isomaster version 1.3.4-3.fc11 is installed on my system.  I tried
>> uninstalling it using yum and then installing it again without any
>> change in the start up problem.  Running the program from a command
>> line does not yield any error messages.
>>
>> Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone have any
>> suggestions?
>>

> I just tried isomaster-1.3.4-3.fc11.x86_64 and it worked ok (freshly
> installed).
>
> What happens if you delete or rename your .isomaster config file?
>
> -Chris

Thanks!

The problem went away when I effectively deleted my old .isomaster file
by renaming it.  It contained references

When I installed Fedora 11, I did a little rearranging of my file
system.  In Fedora 10, I used /opt/tmp for isomaster and that directory
does not exist anymore.  When isomaster recreated its configuration
file, it used /tmp.

It appears that isomaster is sensitive to directory paths disappearing
on it.  There was no error message anywhere that I could find.

--
   Steven F. LeBrun

Quote: /"The objection to fairy stories is that they tell children there
are dragons. But children have always known there are dragons. Fairy
stories tell children that dragons can be killed."/
      -- G.K. Chesterton