how to switch text mode to graphic mode in fedora 9

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 4 14:54:57 UTC 2009

> On 08/04/2009 02:59 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> >>>
> >> Not really correct.  If you do a graphical install, the default init
> >> will be 5, but if you do a text install, it will be 3.
> >>
> > That has not been my experience.
>
> Tim is correct.
>
> Rahul

One would think that Rahul knows what he is taking about but:
I have installed RedHat since 4.2 through Fedora 11. That means I have
installed Linux some 15 or 20 times. Sometimes a text install and
sometimes a graphic install. I have never installed one of Redhat's or
Fedora's Linuxs that when rebooted came up in rl3 by default.

Can you explain this observation Rahul, or is this something that has
changed over the years.

Or maybe this is a sign of Alzheimers.
The opulence of the front office door varies inversely with the
fundamental solvency of the firm.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net