The ideal mail client?

Paul jpb at entel.ca
Tue Aug 4 21:59:02 UTC 2009

Mike Cloaked wrote:
> Does anybody have knowledge of an mail client has the most ideal
> functionality for Fedora?
>
> I am currently using Thunderbird as its user interface is comfortable for
> me, and it has plugins to handle gpg encryption, can sync to caldav
> calendars (like Yahoo) - but one big downside is that its local storage is
> in mbox format which is really awful for large collections of mail.
>
> I have used Kmail in the past which did have support for maildir format as a
> big plus, and did support gpg encryption, but it never supported html mail
> properly which was a big downside - and I don't know if it will sync to
> caldav calendars?
>
> Is there a single mail client that has a nice UI, can support both html mail
> and maildir format, as well as syncing caldav calendars and support gog
> encryption? Of course supporting multiple email accounts including imap is
> essential.
>
> Email clients have been a slight irritation for me since I never found one
> that supports everything that I need in a single application.

The best email client in the world is The Bat, unfortunately the daft
phools who make it have no concept of multiplatform development, despite
the fact that the reason most people who use it do so, is the same
reason most people who use Linux do. You can run it in WINE, but not
perfectly, so everyone who wants a great email program in Linux go to
their website and bug the crap out of them to get off their flowery
laurels and get cracking on a Linux version.

Cheers,

--

Paul