Does the nouveau driver support dual monitors ? How ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 15:28:18 UTC 2009

Kernel 2.6.29.6-217 installed this morning on my computer during a yum
update.  There was no kmod-nvidia package.  My computer rebooted using a
different video driver. nouveau ?

Its all good except that I lost my dual display functionality and I need
it back.

Assuming the driver running is nouveau, how does one set up dual display
functionality ?   I ask this because a while back I read that using
xorg.conf for setting things up is kind of taboo these days.  (This was
in reference to initializing the Synaptics touchpad.)

So... how do I determine what video driver my system is currently
using ? (lsmod ?)

How do I configure it to drive the second display ?

Thanks

$uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.29.6-217.2.3.fc11.i586 #1 SMP Wed Jul 29
15:46:46 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

$ lsmod | grep video
video                  17380  0
uvcvideo               49804  0
output                  2364  1 video
videodev               32216  1 uvcvideo
v4l1_compat            11560  2 uvcvideo,videodev