Are you being heard?

Gar Nelson Gar.Nelson at noaa.gov
Wed Aug 5 21:45:02 UTC 2009

I guess that's why there is both Coke, Pepsi, and Dr. Pepper.
Personally, I think the plasmoids in KDE4 are great, and I'll be
overjoyed when RHEL5 catches up with KDE4. (My workstation feels so
~antiquated~.)

I tried a simple google search and came up empty, but I'm sure there is
a method to change the desktop file plasmoid so it covers the entire
desktop and behaves similar to KDE3.x.  The functionality is there, but
IMO, I can't understand why anyone would want to.

Perhaps the "common sense" in this particular instance would be learning
how the software works, so you can take advantage of the legacy features
that the developers put in, rather than lament that they aren't there.

For me, nothing beats a clean desktop, and alt-F2. :)

Cheers,
Gar

--
"The contents of this message are mine personally and do not necessarily reflect any position of NOAA."