Are you being heard?

gilpel at altern.org gilpel at altern.org
Thu Aug 6 03:18:13 UTC 2009

Marco wrote:

> On Thursday 06 August 2009 00:36:32 gilpel at altern.org wrote:

> Make sure widgets are unlocked. Right-click on the folder view widget

I don't see any "view widget" folder. As a matter of fact, the only way I
can see anything on my desktop now is by selecting the folder view. Maybe
this has to do with the fact that I previously went to the "Folder View
Setting" -- where I expected to find a setting for my Desktop folder view,
see hopw weird I am? -- selected "Location", "Specified a folder" and I
entered the path to the desktop folder to see if it would still show in a
window.

Now, I'm back to "Show Desktop Folder", but the "Desktop" is selected in
the "Appearence settings" -- why two different menus for this? -- I see
nothing.

After I tried *~ for filter to get rid of backup files, I've put it back
to "*" .

Listen, we could go on foreever with those kind of discussions. Give me a
URL where I can learn about the basics of KDE4 in less than 5 pages, I'll
read it and see if I can find my way out of this maze.

This:

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdebase-runtime/userguide/

won't do.

In matters of documentation, I'm rather reaganian :)