FC11 Sound gets disabled automatically after 10 to 15 min.

Jatin K ssh.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 11:51:11 UTC 2009

On 08/06/2009 04:21 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 06 August 2009 11:05:00 Jatin K wrote:
>
>> Dear all
>>
>> I'm facing a stranger problem of sound in fedora 11 , when I play music
>> player or see on-line video after 10 to 15 min. sound goes away .. no
>> sound any more , and then I needed to restart the system ... now again
>> it works for 10 to 15 min. the same problem occurs again.
>>

>> what could be the problem ?? please help me to resolve this issue
>>

> Jatin, to help you a lot more information will be needed.  First, is your
> desktop KDE or Gnome?
>
> What applications did you use?
>
> Did you re-start the system just to re-start sound, or was there some other
> problem?
>
> Have you looked at any configuration options?
>
> With this information someone who uses a similar setup may be able to advise
> you.
>
> Anne

ThnX  for you reply  Mr. Wilson

answer of your Qs are as under

I'm Using *Gnome Version: 2.26.3

*I'm using  Rythembox to play music files like ogg and mp3,  for DVD/VCD
I'm using VLC or Movie player. some time I used to play online video
through firefox .

Ya I restart the system just to re-start the sound .....  ( other
application works fine )

No I've looked at any configuration ... as I dont know how to resolve
this proble and what is to be configured

details for sound system hardware ....... ( the result of  command
*lspci | grep Multimedia* )

*00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM
(ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 01)
*

Regards