Where is whats new setup?

Srdan Tosovic tos at prip.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Aug 6 15:24:13 UTC 2009

On Thu, August 6, 2009 4:36 pm, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 16:07:10 +0200 (CEST)
> Srdan Tosovic wrote:
>
>> On Thu, August 6, 2009 3:59 pm, Tom Horsley wrote:
>> > Found it! In theory I can set (in about:config) the
>> > parameter browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone to the
>> > string "ignore" and it will stop doing this (I'll find out
>> > on the next FF update if it works).
>>
>> I think the correct parameter is startup.homepage_override_url
>> (which should be set to "ignore").
>
> I guess it depends on what "its" refers to in this page:
>
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone
>
> From the associated bugzilla it sounded like the mstone
> string should be set to ignore, but I could easily have misread it.

Actually, after another look at
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Startup.homepage_override_url
I think you are right -- the parameter to set to "ignore" is
browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone.  This is not something I
tried -- I based my answer on (mis)reading the above mozillazine
article just before sending the reply :-)

Srdan