Are you being heard?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 7 00:36:19 UTC 2009

--- On Wed, 8/5/09, Anne Wilson <annew at kde.org> wrote:

> From: Anne Wilson <annew at kde.org>
> Subject: Re: Are you being heard?
> To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Wednesday, August 5, 2009, 11:56 PM
> On Wednesday 05 August 2009 22:45:02
> Gar Nelson wrote:
> > I guess that's why there is both Coke, Pepsi, and Dr.
> Pepper.
> > Personally, I think the plasmoids in KDE4 are great,
> and I'll be
> > overjoyed when RHEL5 catches up with KDE4. (My
> workstation feels so
> > ~antiquated~.)
> >
> > I tried a simple google search and came up empty, but
> I'm sure there is
> > a method to change the desktop file plasmoid so it
> covers the entire
> > desktop and behaves similar to KDE3.x.  The
> functionality is there, but
> > IMO, I can't understand why anyone would want to.
> >
> For those that want the desktop to be almost exactly like a
> KDE 3 desktop, the
> answer is to right-click on the desktop and select Desktop
> Settings.  The first
> item is Type - change that to Folder View, and your Desktop
> folder is now the
> whole desktop.
>
> > Perhaps the "common sense" in this particular instance
> would be learning
> > how the software works, so you can take advantage of
> the legacy features
> > that the developers put in, rather than lament that
> they aren't there.
> >
> > For me, nothing beats a clean desktop, and alt-F2. :)
> >
> Each to his own (though personally I agree).  They
> really have tried to meet
> the needs of all of us in this matter.
>
> Anne

Since this thread is receiving lots of replies.  Here's mine.

I am a loyal KDE/Gnome user.  I use both.  I don't really prefer one over the other except when one does not work, that is the case on one machine I have at home.  Gnome works, KDE does not.  Then alright Gnome you are the one on that machine.

But I have kept quiet and I am really really really really .... (really)^n

lim           (really_dissapointed)^n
n -> \infty

with the digital clock in KDE 4.X where X is a number 1.Y, 2.Z where Y and Z are integers in KDE releasees.

I really would have appreciated the old nice trustworthy (beautiful) old KDE 3.5.X series clock.  The new clock is OK, but nowhere likablitiy like the old one.

I know that is very little thing to be dissapointed about, but I thought that they(KDE developers) would care to put back a nice old fashioned digital clock that was there before, but it has not happened :(

Other than that, things are really looking very GOOOOOOOOOOO.....D and if it were not for that complain, I would be much much much happier.

I know nobody cares, but anyway I mention it and hope others feel the same way, I know of many that said f* kde and switched to Gnome/xfce/Lxde, but that is something elese :)

Regards,

Antonio