player for .dcr?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Aug 8 18:02:41 UTC 2009

On Saturday 08 August 2009, Tim wrote:
>On Sat, 2009-08-08 at 06:37 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> A link was sent to another list that I wanted to look at, but the
>> extension was .dcr
>
>Have you tried mplayer with all the extra codecs installed?
>
>A quick search suggests that's a Flash video file, and that web browsers
>can play them with the Shockwave player.

No I haven't.  But will right now.  Humm, something funkity here, pull open
multimedia, click on mplayer, nothing, not even a busy cursor timeout.

Come back to here, and had yum install the rpms for mplayer and its docs from
rpmfusion.  Now I have a gui, but the file seems to have done a vanishing act.
I'll find it, or pull it again.

I have all the mplayer-3.55 plugins in FF's about:plugins, but the .dcr is
unlisted.  My googling said it was an Adobe Premier file, and that's winderz
only, not to mention $800.

Thanks Tim.

--
Cheers, Gene